consider asking your mother questions about her life. The responses can help you craft a written family history and enrich your genealogy research. Or record your own memories of your mother or what motherhood has meant to you. These make excellent stories to share with children and grandchildren.
Here are some writing prompts taken from FamilySearch's #52stories project to get you started:
- How has your mother or being a mother enriched your life?
- What lessons have you learned from your grandmothers’ life experiences?
- What are some of the stories you loved hearing from your mother’s youth? From your grandmothers’ younger days?
- What is the best thing about your relationship with your mother or grandmother?
- Who are some important mother figures besides your own mother who have been influential in your life?